Wilton Rolling Pin Broke!

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 3 May 2010 , 7:42pm by millermom

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 11

My yellow Wilton rolling pin broke last night! It has removable handles that slide off of a round metal rod that runs through the rolling pin. Each side as an indention in the metal rod that allows the handles to lock into place. That is where the metal rod broke. I have emailed Wilton and am waiting a reply.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

10 replies
wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 11

Have you gotten a response yet from Wilton? The same thing happened to me about a week ago with the same rolling pin.

Anyone else have this problem?

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 11

Mine is still good (sorryto hear you guys hsve problems with yours).

labrescuens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labrescuens Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 11

Mine just broke as well. I called Wilton and am sending them a picture and they are replacing my rolling pin. I think it seems to be a weak spot where the notch is for the handle. That is where mine broke.

Trish

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 11

Oh this is good to know - I never even thought to contact Wilton; Mine has one busted handle too and I always just "McGyver" it if I am not using my PVC pipe roller.

I guess I will contact them too.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 11

You guys need to stop hitting the husband in the head with them..... they're not strong enough to withstand such force icon_biggrin.gif
Speaking from experience icon_wink.gif
Ahh, I'm kidding.... icon_confused.gif

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

You guys need to stop hitting the husband in the head with them..... they're not strong enough to withstand such force icon_biggrin.gif
Speaking from experience icon_wink.gif
Ahh, I'm kidding.... icon_confused.gif

Not to go completely off subject, but I had a friend who's mom gave each of her daughters gifts from A to Z at their bridal showers, and "h" was always a rolling pin (she called it "husband control") icon_lol.gif

Back on the subject, though, I have that rolling pin, and it has never broken, but I had a hard time getting one of the handles off. My husband figured out that it can be easily pried with a small flat-head screwdriver. It has worked so far, but I hope the plastic pieces inside the handle don't break!

superwawa Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwawa

Oh this is good to know - I never even thought to contact Wilton; Mine has one busted handle too and I always just "McGyver" it if I am not using my PVC pipe roller.

UPDATE: I contacted Wilton and explained about my broken handle. Since I did not have the receipt they asked me to email photos of the rolling pin and supply my mailing address.

I was expecting a replacement handle, but they sent me a brand-new rolling pin! They said it was a one-time courtesy, but still a very nice service.

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:

Quote:

UPDATE: I contacted Wilton and explained about my broken handle. Since I did not have the receipt they asked me to email photos of the rolling pin and supply my mailing address.

I was expecting a replacement handle, but they sent me a brand-new rolling pin! They said it was a one-time courtesy, but still a very nice service.

icon_eek.gif I did not know you could contact them could you please tell me how? My broke too, I have been using it but very carefully ...

Thank you for let us know about this... thumbs_up.gif

superwawa Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:17pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi-Tutty

Quote:

Quote:

icon_eek.gif I did not know you could contact them could you please tell me how? My broke too, I have been using it but very carefully ...

Thank you for let us know about this... thumbs_up.gif

I never thought of contacting them either until I saw this thread and the OP mentioned the idea. I just sent an email to the general Customer Service address and received a reply within a day or so:

Wilton Industries
2240 W. 75th St.
Woodridge, IL 60517
Phone: 630-963-1818 or 800-794-5866
Fax: 630-963-7196 or 888-824-9520
Email: [email protected]

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:42pm
post #11 of 11

Back when I took the F&G class from Wilton, there was a piece missing from my student kit. They sent me the piece, no questions asked! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%