Royal Icing Lily

Decorating By icer101 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm by icer101

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 12:46am
post #1 of 3

i have a friend.. that made her r/i lily using the heavy duty foil. her teacher didn,t tell her any different.. now she can,t get them out.. she has about 50 for a wedding cake.. how can she get these out.. she knows.. now.. to use thin foil next time..how can we help her?tia

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 3

i would just keep slowly working on them to pull them out. Is she serving the cake? if she is then there shouldn't be a problem if alittle foil is still stuck to them, she would be there to pull the flowers off and make sure none are served.

I have also, used a small paring knife to kind of scrape off the foil that has stuck to the underside, of course you need to be cautious when you do this, as they can break very easily

Next time spray a light coating of pam on the foil, so light that its barely there. I spray then wipe with a paper towel.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 3

peg818. thanks for your input.. i will tell her. i just told her.. next time to use cheap thin foil.. i have never had them to stick with this way.. but the heavy duty is not coming off for her. thanks again..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%