Cupcake Help Asap

Baking By biviana Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 3:57am by ragamuffin

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 11

Hi there.

I have to make 60 cupcakes for saturday morning, and I have never done cupcake before. Fist of all can I bake them today and they will be fresh for Saturday morning?
I just baked some and they come out plain. It is the recipe that I always use for baking, and my cakes are always fine. The cupcakes came out as the regular cake. almost flat.
Some were over filled and spread to the sides but not to up.
Is this normal or is my recipe? They are flat and the butter is bigget that the cupcake size, so I had to take those part off.

Please any advice would help me. I just want to cry now. what should I do?

Also I am planning on putting some filling on them. I just got a set at Michaels for that, but I am not sure if I should put the filling as soon as they come out of the oven, or when they are already cold.

Help please.

thanks o much in advance.
B.

10 replies
biviana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 11

somebody?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 11

I don't make cupcakes all the time put I prefer mines flat rather than a big dome.

As for the filling, I don't see a reason of why you would put the filling right when it comes out of the oven. I suggest you do it when it has cooled.

Good luck.

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 11

You have to cool the cupcakes before filling them. Flat or slightly rounded is better than too domed when you are trying to frost the top of the cupcakes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 11

In the future, you can use a cookie scoop and measure how much batter you put into each cupcake liner. That will make them all right about the same size.

biviana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks everybody!
If they get kind os flat over te sides, can I take that part off? If gets all crumbly. so should I do a crumb coat first? and then the swirl?

Also if they are for Saturday, should I bake them tomorrow?
or can I bake them tonight?

thanks again.

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 11

Are you saying they ended up with muffin-like tops? I don't see why you couldn't trim them. If you're frosting them by piping a swirl, then a crumbcoat isn't necessary. If you're using a spatula, I would crumbcoat.

You can bake today. Just cover them tightly until Saturday.

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 11

Are you saying they ended up with muffin-like tops? I don't see why you couldn't trim them. If you're frosting them by piping a swirl, then a crumbcoat isn't necessary. If you're using a spatula, I would crumbcoat.

You can bake today. Just cover them tightly until Saturday.

biviana Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 12:29am
post #9 of 11

Thanks!
i AM PUTTING lEGO DECORATIONS ON TOP. Should I pot a coat with the spatula or with a swirl?
What does it looks better?
As I told you I have never done cupcakes before.

thanks again

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ragamuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ragamuffin Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #11 of 11

I do cupcakes all the time. I have my first real cake next week.
I would be careful with how moist your cake is and how tightly you seal up the cupcakes. You may end up with the papers pulling away from the cupcake. If it is a really moist cake loosely cover them.
I'm just new here but, I'm sure I came across a topic on how to prevent that.....
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%