Would You Do This?

Decorating By snocilla Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 2:39am by shannon100

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 5

I found this ad on craigslist and was wondering if anyone would actually do this.

"I know it may sound strange, but I need to buy undecorated wedding cake layers. 8, 10, 12 and 14". If you are an at-home baker, bakery or know of someone who would professionally bake and sell undecorated cakes, please let me know. I only need enough for this one cake; not looking for a business venture or future orders. I could pick up in Richmond or surrounding area. Thank you. "

Has anyone ever had a request for an undecorated cake?

4 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 5

No, I haven't. It does seem weird.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 5

Anyone that... um... well... what's the word I'm looking for... That doesn't know that you can buy boxes of premade sheets at Sam's for super cheap that they can take any circle that size and cut it out to the size they want... Is well... one egg short of a batter.. one fry short of a happy meal... you catch my drift...

Sometimes people on (pick your website) really just can't figure out that it may seem cheeper on the outset, but in the real world, butter, sugar, water, and time really add up to be valuable commodities...

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

Anyone that... um... well... what's the word I'm looking for... That doesn't know that you can buy boxes of premade sheets at Sam's for super cheap that they can take any circle that size and cut it out to the size they want... Is well... one egg short of a batter.. one fry short of a happy meal... you catch my drift...

Sometimes people on (pick your website) really just can't figure out that it may seem cheeper on the outset, but in the real world, butter, sugar, water, and time really add up to be valuable commodities...

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't know this, so the OP of the Craigslist ad probably didn't either. I don't shop at Sam's (or the bakery of the local supermarket either), so it probably isn't a common knowledge thing. It doesn't mean that someone is "one fry short" just because they don't know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%