Indiana Cake Ladies

Decorating By LadyG33 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:13pm by emrldsky

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 9

I have done 3 Wilton courses and they wont have the gum paste class until sometime in Sept. I was wondering where else I can go to learn more on making different flowers, stacking cakes etc.... icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 9

Depends on where you live in Indiana. I know in Fort Wayne, County Kitchen Sweet Art has different kinds of classes you can take.

Is there a cake store in your area? You might want to try there too. Or a community college?

LadyG33 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 9

I am closer to Indianapolis. So far all I have been able to find is the Wilton classes at the Hobby Loby and Michaels.

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyG33

I am closer to Indianapolis. So far all I have been able to find is the Wilton classes at the Hobby Loby and Michaels.

IndyDebi might know better than I do. I had to stick with Hobby Lobby Wilton courses myself, because it would have taken an hour or more to get to Indy to take anything there.

Wish I could be of more help!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 9

You could call Mrs. B's. It's located in Speedway. It's a specialty cake store. They might teaches classes there.

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 9

I've only been able to take the Wilton Course 1, and the instructor in my area is...not someone I care to take a class from again. I'm dying to learn more, but I'm having trouble finding someplace as well. I'm even will to do some free labor for a local cake decorator (dishes, mixing batter, etc...stuff I can't screw up!) if he or she will even just let me watch and ask a few questions while he or she decorates, but I'm not sure anyone would go for that, so I'm afraid to ask.

Any thoughts from those of you that do this as a business? Would you go for that?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

You could call Mrs. B's. It's located in Speedway. It's a specialty cake store. They might teaches classes there.

http://www.msbssweetsupplies.com/upcomingevents.html
This is her class schedule page. I didn't download it but if the class you want isn't on there, call her. She may have a list of "people who'd like to take a class on XXX when I get enough interested".

LadyG33 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:06pm
post #8 of 9

awesome thank you for the link!

emrldsky Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:13pm
post #9 of 9

Oh nice! I didn't know she had classes or that they were on the weekends. icon_smile.gif This makes it much easier for me to try a class or two!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%