Happy Ending For The Nj Mortgage Apple Cake Lady

Business By PinkZiab Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 3:02am by SugaredUp

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 16

I know the other topic has been locked, so this is NOT meant to start that debate up again. Just thought some people would like to know that it will work out for her: The Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ has offered her kitchen space to meet her orders (which, as of yesterday, were over 500).

Here's one article about the happy ending to this story:

http://www.northjersey.com/bergen/Cake_baker_will_meet_her_mortgage.html

15 replies
erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 16

geez, I wish I could get that kind of outpouring when I try to raise funds to help my son get medical treatments. We barely get a handful of people to buy raffle tickets or whatever.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 16

Theres a lot of us that could use help. I'm very happy that she was able to get it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 16
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 16

That's cool a happy ending to a desparte situation. I'm just glad she didn't have to grow pot. LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

That's cool a happy ending to a desparte situation. I'm just glad she didn't have to grow pot. LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 16

Thats really wonderful! Im very happy for her and admire her determinatin and work ethic. Thanks for sharing!!!

thumbs_up.gif

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 16

Thanks for sharing. I am very happy for her!

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 16

This is awesome!!! I am so happy for her! Only In America!

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #10 of 16

Thank God for kind hearts, and the fact that the HD had no intentions of going in with the SWAT team to shoot first and ask questions later. Karma is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Now she has a legal kitchen to work out of to save her house and possibly a whole new career!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 11:05pm
post #11 of 16

Thats good to hear!!! Wish that could work that way for others.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:04pm
post #12 of 16

A neighbor was all over me with this story yesterday. I felt like telling her it was old news.

She went into the "and the health department nazi's came in and told her to stop production in her own home!"

I asked her if she would put her child in an unlicensed home daycare that was not inspected by the state. "NO!" When I asked why and she stated "because they aren't trained, they could be anyone off the street and what if there was an emergency she wasn't trained for."

Then I asked her the benefits of a home daycare being licensed "well you just went through it and I have you watching my child because you are trained, there are background checks on the adults in your home so I know my child is safe from sex offenders at your home, you know adult and child CPR, you are inspected and you have set rules to follow... oh I see the point you are making with this lady, nice one."

I'm all for her trying to save her home by any means possible but the last thing I'd hate to see happen was her doing it against state policy and someone finding a reason to sue her and her loosing her home she saved in a lawsuit against her by a sue happy ninny.

I'm glad that the hotel is giving her space to bake in, and I am glad that she was able to make her mortgage payments.

Who knows where this will take her now... and if the hotel picks up on selling her cakes it could be a nice side income for her.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #13 of 16

Don't usually watch TV in the morning, usually listening to Glenn Beck, but happened to turn on The Today Show and saw her on there. Some company called Bake Me A Wish stepped in and is baking her cakes now or something like that. They mentioned that she couldn't make all of those cakes at home with four pans and one mixer and about the hotel stepping in and helping, but no mention of the legalities of why she couldn't do it. So now the whole world will want to bake from home to save the house they probably shouldn't have bought in the first place. Sorry, I'm crabby in the morning.

http://www.bakemeawish.com/

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:26pm
post #14 of 16

I just wonder how she got the trademark registered so fast? Maybe she's been doing it a lot longer than what was reported?
I don't want her, or anyone to lose her home, but something isn't adding up.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #15 of 16

Yup, bake me a wish is now going to take over production and distribution (shipping) of her cakes (to her recipes and specs) at their commercial production facility and market them through their website.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #16 of 16

You know, that's awesome! Nice to hear some good news for a change! I wish her lots of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%