Cake Jewelry

Decorating By beamom Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 3:59am by beamom

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 11:13am
post #1 of 4

I have a bride and a birthday cakes and cupcakes that will require some cake jewelry. Can someone tell me where I can find the a reasonable priced cake jewelry? One bride what the swaroski crystals band around her cake and the other wants individual crystals on cupcakes and more. Please help

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 4

I would make the bride pay the cost for the jewelry, you're not thinking of paying for that yourself, are you? If you get it pre-made with real crystals it's going to be pretty expensive. If you make it yourself it's going to be EXTREMELY time-consuming. I'd tell these customers that they need to find the things that they want you to put on the cakes if they want real crystals.

As far as the cupcakes go, I wouldn't put anything non-edible on those at all. That's the kind of thing that people pick up and shove down their mouths, especially if they're kids eating them, so I'd make those out of gumpaste or chocolate. If the customer wants to put real jewelry on something like that they can do it after you've delivered the cupcakes, that way they'll be at fault if someone swallows one!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 4

Usually that would inccur an additional price for the bride, so you can research for her, but charge her. Swarovski crystal is not cheap. This site crystalribbon.com sells it for 5 yards for $155. They also have a lot of other crystal pieces to choose from.

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:59am
post #4 of 4

Thanks I will make sure the bride knows where to get them and provide them to me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%