Stacking Question!!!

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm by yamber82

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #1 of 6

so far i havn't really had any probs with stacking but i have only done smaller 3 tier cakes. now i have a wedding cake to feed 400. i guessed it will need to be 6-7 tiers and i have NO clue how to make that much cake hold up! i have only used wooden dowels and some newer plastic dowels, but i don't think that will be sturdy enough for that large of a cake

any ideas?

5 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 6

I would definitely use the sps system. I used it for my first big cake and it worked great.( it's in my pics- becky's wedding ) hth thumbs_up.gif

yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 6

is that the wilton stacking kit with the tier plates and stand things to fo under them? if so, i do you have to stack the layers to fit to the system because if it's what i'm thinking of, they arn't adjustable.

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 6

there is a sticky at the top of the how to page with lots of information about the sps system. thumbs_up.gif hopefully that will answer all of your ?'s. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 6

In the name of all things holy, please do not think that SPS has anything to do with Wilton.

::faints::

Please read the sticky at the top of this Forum. As soon as the attachments starts working of course.

yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

haha!!! lol to that last one icon_smile.gif

and thanks for the info. the site was not working for me last night. i don't know why. none of the forums were opening and the photos and topics on the home page were not updating

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%