Use Mmf To Replace Usual Fondant?

Decorating By fofikka Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm by dsilvest

fofikka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fofikka Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 10:06am
post #1 of 4

i usually make my own fondant, using glucose and glycerine and i love the texture of it and how easy it is to use. I am now on holiday in cyprus and it seems a bit impossible to get hold of glucose... i have to make a cake for friday and was thinking if using the mmf recipe i found here will work as well as the other one.. Please help!!

3 replies
mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 4

This is the MMF recipe I use...I got it off CC a long time ago so I don't remember who originally posted it.

Marshmallow Fondant

16-oz bag of mini marshmallows
2 lb. confectioners sugar
2 T. water
2 t. flavoring
shortening

Grease mixing bowl on stand mixer to prevent marshmallows from sticking. Place marshmallows, 2 T water, and 2 t. flavoring in glass bowl coated with shortening and microwave 60 seconds on high. Stir. Microwave at additional 30 second intervals until melted. Place half of the confectioners sugar in stand mixer bowl and create a well in the middle. Pour marshmallow mixture into the well. Mix with paddle attachment until marshmallow is incorporated and the mixture is runny. Switch to the dough hook and add the remaining powdered sugar. Knead the dough a few times and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to allow it to cool completely before using.

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 4

I used the same recipe as MKM25 (except I had to hand mix it as I don't have a stand mixer yet icon_cry.gif ). It was really really great. Delicious and easy to work with (even for me, a first time fondanter).

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 4

MMF is great to work with.

Can you find any corn syrup in Cyprus? It is basically the same as glucose.
If you can find clear use it, if you can only find the golden it will add a creamy colour to the fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%