Cupcake Towers For 125-150 Cupcakes And A 8 Inch On Top..how

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm by Normita

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:45am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know a sturdy way I can build a cupcake tower which will hold a 8 inch round cake on top and then between 125 to 150 cupcakes on the other layers??

I was thinking cake boards tripled up and then Styrofoam in between but not sure if that will be sturdy enough..Any ideas?

8 replies
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 9

Anyone??
Also have no idea how many layers I would need or what sizes.

Any help is appreciated.

hellohappycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellohappycakes Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 9

I think I recall an article about this on DIY.com
Good luck!

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #4 of 9

Thank you so much i will check it out!

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 7:16am
post #5 of 9

I use glass sheets with glasses inbetween, if you look @ my photos you will see several cakes like that.

This one has 120 cc on.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=996583
HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:01am
post #6 of 9

The Wilton Tall Tier also works. You'll have some of the cupcakes on the table at the base of the stand.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:08pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you riana and leahs for your reply. Riana if i made something like this where would i get glass cut like that? Also did you glue the goblets to the glass?

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 9

Check out the tutorial on the website Cake Journal below. I made the stand for 200 cupcakes. Didn't all fit on the stand (you would need a heck of a stand). Held 120 & the rest were put around the base on the table. Haven't mastered the art of uploading photos on this site yet (photos are too large,not sure how to resize),but if you PM me,I will forward you a photo via e mail. The great thing about this stand is that you can colour co-ordinate it & when you are done,remove the paper & use it for another event.Hope this helps.

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes/

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #9 of 9

I too was going to suggest the tutorial on Cake journal. Hipnotiqglamour...I was seeing that you live in Modesto. I just moved from there in October....I have lived there all my life up till this past October.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%