Starting A Wedding Favor Business Online, Need Advice!

Lounge By akchrist Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm by Kiddiekakes

akchrist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akchrist Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site. My sister is a cake decorator out of Huntsville, Tx and recommended this site. She said there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here ! I am starting an online wedding favor business and need some help. I know all the basics of starting a business online but don't have a clue about the wedding industry. Although I have been doing a lot research about it for the last couple of weeks there is still a lot I don't know. I am trying to find trade shows of the merchants that sell the favors to online stores and brick and mortar stores at wholesale prices. I have found some online but I want to go to a show to actually touch what I am buying. Does anyone know the name these trade shows go by? I am also looking for ideas on a name for the business. I'm horrible at naming things, any ideas? I'm mainly going to sell wedding favors but will also sell birthday and graduation favors, etc.
I LOVE THIS SITE, WHAT BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!
Kim

4 replies
Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 5

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Kim,

Welcome to CC!!! Are you talking about favors like small bells and trinkets not made from edible product such as Favor cookies etc?

akchrist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akchrist Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

I wan to do both edible and non edible favors.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

Oh..Okay...sounds like a great adventure.There are lots of great cookie decoraters here that can help you with the cookie end of it..Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%