12 Inch Square Wrestling Cake...2 Layer...box??

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 12:16am by dorie67

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 5

Where do I find a box big enough for a 12 inch square double layer wrestling ring cake? All the boxes at Michael's/Walmart are just too small. I'd say my cake board will be 14 inches square...should I do more than one cake board for support and where the heck do I find a box that big?

Thanks!

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 5

Here's a thread where I describe how to make one big box from 2 rectangular boxes. This might help you.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-642425.html

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 5

in my pics. you will see two wrestling cakes. with the fondant/gp wrestlers.. i used 2 3/16" foam core boards that i cut to the right size. say 12". and covered . did my cake.. then i used a 14" square box.. from paper town here in our area.. they are stronger that wilton.. i always, when i have something on the cake that the top will touch .. i bring down the top to right at the top of the cake or whatever is on the cake.. and tape it good on both sides.. 6-7 peices of tape. then i use saran wrap or press n seal to close up exposed area. been doing this for 13 years. has works great for me all these years. sometimes i have to use another person to help hold the box lid . while i tape.. sometime i do it all by my self. the clients usually like this.. they can see right thru the saran wrap to their cake.. hth i use the non skid stuff under my cake in the box if the cake board is 12" and the box is 14" ,etc..

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 5

I live in a small town with only a wal-mart for cake supplies so finding boxes is impossible What I use is shipping boxes that I buy at Wal-mart for only a couple dollars. The are really tall but my cakes slide right in them. I only make for family so I usually get the box back to reuse.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:16am
post #5 of 5

I usually try to go to the supermarket or local Staples and see if I can get some of their larger boxes before they put them out. Look for boxes that cereal comes in, they are usually large enough to sit your cake right into. HTH princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%