American Cake Decorating ....vent!!

Decorating By Charmed Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 3:51pm by sbrb1021

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 13

I sent my subscription renewal to ACD couple of weeks ago and received a letter that said they had some difficulty processing the card, so I called and asked what is the problem, she said I don't have that info , Okay.... then who suppose to know that piece of info? . Anyways I had to subscribe again.
when I sent my subsc/payment 2 weeks ago it was 28$ she said the subscription is now 29$! okay it it just a dollar difference....(I have noticed that the magazine has shrunk to only 56 pages but the price goes up!!)
I don't appreciate this kind of customer service. what bothers me is that they offered no explanation and no answer to my questions. .... I am reconsidering my subscribption renewal thumbsdown.gif

12 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 13

Yes..Unfortunately you are not the only member here that has had difficulties either getting their magazine on time or at all.I have not renewed due to the lousy content as of late and the smaller size for more money.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 13

I subscribed months ago and have yet to see an issue. I keep complaining and nobody responds.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 13

Lol....I called up their boss one day after reading about everyone elses problems, saying I was interested in subscribing but couldn't possibly jusitify the expense after reading about all of the problems....she sent me 2 issues out that day for free. After thumbing through them both, I am convinced I wouldn't waste my money on a subscription if it were hand delivered on time. I didn't see anything in either one that I couldn't find on here or by googling. What's the big deal with this mag?

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 13

My biggest fight with them is always getting my magazine on a timely basis. Once I sent an email asking when the issue was sent out and received a response that there was no issue for that month since it published two months in one. I said I knew that and if you re-read my question you will see that I am asking for the March/April issue or whatever month it was that I was questioning. No response after that. Once my subscription is over, I will not be renewing.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 13

My biggest fight with them is always getting my magazine on a timely basis. Once I sent an email asking when the issue was sent out and received a response that there was no issue for that month since it is published as two months in one. I said I knew that and if you re-read my question you will see that I am asking for the March/April issue or whatever month it was that I was questioning. No response after that. Once my subscription is over, I will not be renewing.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 13

People have been having problems with them for years.

They send out all their issues so close to the holidays and that would drive me crazy.... like the Sept/Oct issue coming right before Hallowe'en, Jan/Feb coming right before Valentine's Day, etc.

I mean.... Sept/Oct should realistically arrive middle/end of August, no?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 13

I'm always surprised if there's anything in it that's useful!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 13

I am thinking to call them and cancel my subscription.but I was reading in another post that they don't refund your money. Is that true? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:19pm
post #10 of 13

The magazine has really shrunk, it is now not worth the money, I used to really enjoy reading it but the last 2 issues have been lousy. I will not be renewing my subscription again.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:45am
post #11 of 13

I stopped carrying it at my store due to these issues...the holiday issues would arrive AFTER the holiday was over. I would send the box back for a refund, they would receive the box, and still charge me. Too much of a PITA.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:52pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

I subscribed months ago and have yet to see an issue. I keep complaining and nobody responds.

It takes about 4 months to get your first issue. I think they just need more people working for them.

sbrb1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbrb1021 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 13

The content has gotten much smaller and like everyone else, it doesn't do any good to receive your holiday issue after the holiday. And don't even get me started on Mailbox news! They have the same stuff that I can find here with better information and more pictures

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%