Nsf Check

Lounge By MnSnow Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm by cindy1176

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 7

I have a repeat cutomer that passed a NSf check. I have emailed her 4 times and recieved one reply. She was outraged that I didn't even give her a "courtsey call" I tried calling all 3 of her numbers and all 3 were diconnected.

She went on to say that she had lost her checkbook and had closed the account...well no "courtsey call" to me about it either! I doubt her story since it was returned NSF and not account closed.

What else can I do?

6 replies
Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 7

Small claims court

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 7

Well unless she decides to buck up and pay you then I think you are out the money.Small claims court will cost you more than the cake was probably worth...I guess you may have to consider changing your payment policy to no cheques or something..Bummer though...I'd be mad!!

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 7

Mad doesn't cover it icon_wink.gif

I think I will send a certified letter (I'm sure her hubby has no knowledge about this) and then turn it over to the sherriffs department.

I am assuming I am out of the money and she is on my "list" so if any of the above works..great! If not..oh well

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 7

So, let me get this straight...she bounced the check and she's mad at you???? Tell her you need a cash payment and don't forget to include the fee that the bank charged you for this.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 7

When I worked in a store and this happened, we would just call the back every day to see if the funds were available. Told them we were the vendor, had an NSF check, etc. The day that she did have funds, we ran to her bank and cashed it.

Also, this is mean, but if you're mean like me, you can have the DA send her a letter. And they will-you just have to fill out a form and send a copy of the check. It usually scares the crap out of people.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 7

[quote=Also, this is mean, but if you're mean like me, you can have the DA send her a letter. And they will-you just have to fill out a form and send a copy of the check. It usually scares the crap out of people.[/quote]

I hope I never have to use this one...I have a new client that was not at home when I delivered the birthday cake. Her husband had to hunt around the house for a check because it was probably apparent that I was not leaving without pay for the cake (he wanted to know if they could mail the payment, I said no). Maybe I am mean, lol. Anyways, he said it appeared to be the only check in the box and I am hoping that it was NOT a closed account...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%