Thank You To Albert Uster Fondant Users!!!

Decorating By jennicita Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 5:26pm by aligotmatt

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:51am
post #1 of 2

Earlier this year I happened upon a thread in which somebody (I don't know who) mentioned how great the imported fondant from Albert Uster was. Imagine my surprise to find out it's imported from Switzerland when I live just minutes from the border! Most things talked about on this site are so hard for me to get or too expensive since they're imported from the US or the UK - now there was finally something that I should have easy access to!

So I look for the fondant online, no go. Send an e-mail to Albert Uster's in the US, after a couple weeks I give up on an answer. Shortly after that I actually got a response from the Swiss manufacturer - the e-mail had been forwarded and not lost! They were extremely helpful and sent me an address where I could buy the fondant - just about an hour north of where I live!

I must say, this stuff is absolutely heaven to work with! It's not too expensive (6 kg bucket for 30 - about 13 lbs for around $43 which seems OK to me) but worth every cent. My last cake looked so much more professional, my frustration level is way down and I'm saving time not having to make it myself anymore.

Thank you to everybody who mentioned it on here! And if any of you in Germany need information on where to get it, let me know. I really highly recommend trying it. I know I'll never go back to anything else.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jenny

1 reply
aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 2

That's great! How nice of a company to forward things to the right person, seems so many these days just ignore it if it's not pertinent to them. Glad it all worked out for you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%