Best Way To Transport Cookies?

Baking By Angelgirl Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 11:16pm by pinkflower1212

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 1:24am
post #1 of 4

I agreed to make some heart cookies for a friend for her rehearsal dinner before her wedding this week, and it occurred to me that I've never really moved a large amount of cookies before- while caring if they got broke or not. What is the best way to transport them? Is it ok to stack cookies? (they'll be sugar cookies with royal icing on top).

I was thinking of using a cake box and separating layers with parchment. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Becky

3 replies
ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:38am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried box flats? But I wouldn't stack cookies more than 2 layers high. And maybe place bubble wrap under and between the layers w/parchment or wax paper.The box flats are free at the grocery store.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 4

I get these awesome flat boxes that are lined with foam(like the egg carton shape) from my son-in-law. I bag my cookies individually and transport them in these. They work great and I always ask for my boxes back.

Never had a broken cookie yet!

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 4

these tricks are good to know. I am sending NFSC w/ RI to some friends in the military. What would be the best way to get these there? Aside from the tricks mentioned above?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%