Need A Laugh...

Lounge By flowermom Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 8:21pm by TC123

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:57am
post #1 of 9

If you need a good laugh today, here is a great story to brighten your day.

Recently I found out my nephew in Kentucky is getting married in October. Most of my husband's family lives out there now, with only my family and his baby sister here in California. Last week one of my Hubby's SIL , not the nephew's mom, called us at home. She was explaining the wedding date/details, that they needed to save money, etc. My husband received the call, and explained that we might not even be able to attend to due to a variety of circumstances. When she got to the money issue he thought oh, no they are going to ask my wife to make the cake. But fortunately she didn't and basically just encouraged us to try and come to the wedding, (which is a big IF.)

Today my SIL, my nephew's mom this time, calls my husband directly, and starts off the conversation with "We were thinking we would ask Sandi..." He cuts her off and tells her that although we talked about having me offer to do the wedding cake, it is just would not work. He explains I would need a kitchen to work in, bake in, set up in, decorate in, and I have to bring all my supplies...and I would have to arrive early, etc, etc, etc. And that we haven't even decided if we could attend.

She says, "Wow, I didn't think it would take a couple of days, on TV they (the cake shows) do it in an hour!" Yeah, and if CSI was doing the drug testing in the Micheal Jackson case, we would have already know the results by now.

icon_lol.gif

8 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 7:14am
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowermom

She says, "Wow, I didn't think it would take a couple of days, on TV they (the cake shows) do it in an hour!" Yeah, and if CSI was doing the drug testing in the Micheal Jackson case, we would have already know the results by now.

icon_lol.gif

People just don't get it... Just because a show is an hour long doesn't mean it takes an hour to make!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 7:16am
post #3 of 9

haha! That is really funny! Good for DH for making them see the light!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 11:32am
post #4 of 9

Has she ever baked a cake? I mean it takes about an hour (to mix and bake a few cakes). How does she think that TV cakers can do all of that in ONE HOUR???

I would have said...tv cake people have something called editors!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 9

Like I tell my kids; "Its TV ,silly, its not real!!!!!" Come on!!!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 9

That is funny!

Good for DH to let her know the TRUE deal!

Thanks for the chuckle. I will remember this one.

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:49am
post #7 of 9

Today my DH actually had to tell his dad to tell his sister that I am not doing the cake. Apparently she didn't really believe us. I don't know what is worst my SIL thinking it only takes an hour to do a wedding cake, or that a grown women needs to be told by her dad to stop bugging me about a cake! icon_confused.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:46am
post #8 of 9

Wow, some people are so clueless! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 9

Oh my gosh! That's too funny!!! I guess I've been immersed in cake for so many years that I never imagined anyone would ever think that could actually be done! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%