Need Flavor Combination Help, Pretty Please!

Decorating By kjjs Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm by kjjs

kjjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjjs Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 3

O.K., so I made a cake for one of my husbands employees this week and thankfully it was a success. I got a call today from another employee who wants a cake now as well. The only things he said was it is not for any special occasion, he doesn't care about any elaborate decorations, and he likes strawberry and pineapple. Just make something. I was thinking of doing a vanilla pound cake layered with alternating fillings of strawberry and pineapple preserve-ish filling. I dont have much experience with fruit fillings and don't know much about flavor combos. Everything I do is pretty basic. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:14am
post #2 of 3

I'd go with very thinly torted layers with alternate strawberry and pineapple preserve filling (a think spread). I'd then coat it with vanilla buttercream. I'm thinking of lemon buttercream but not sure how that would go with strawberry and pineapple.

kjjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjjs Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much RyalnTy for your help. I think that is what I will go with. I guess I just needed some confirmation from someone else to tell me this would be ok! I love your work and respect your thoughts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%