Need Help Asap

Decorating By swritik Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 3:15am by Rylan

swritik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swritik Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 7

can i cover the cake in ganache and then cover in fondant?

Rita

6 replies
1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 7

yes - people do it all the time!

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 7

I thought I read a post on here a while back where someone had done so and when they woke up the next morning the fondant had seperated. Not sure if this is normal or just the type of fondant used. Sorry haven't done it myself. But then I know I have seen it posted where people do it all the time too.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 7

sugarshacks's dvd on topsy turvy.. is showing this.. it is wonderful.. as well as all of hers.. so, lots of people are beginning more to use ganache under fondant. don,t know if some kind of fondant doesn,t work . or what.. maybe homemade that is too soft . don,t know.. sugarshack usually uses satin ice fondant..hth

icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 7

i forgot to add that sugarshack.. puts ganache on.. smooths it with a scraper.. then lets it sit overnite.. it harders. pretty good.. then she shows how to clean it up and then applies her fondant. she doesn,t apply it right after she puts ganache on. hope this makes sense... thats probably where people are having their problems. applying fondant ,right after the ganache application..

icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 7

i forgot to add that sugarshack.. puts ganache on.. smooths it with a scraper.. then lets it sit overnite.. it harders. pretty good.. then she shows how to clean it up and then applies her fondant. she doesn,t apply it right after she puts ganache on. hope this makes sense... thats probably where people are having their problems. applying fondant ,right after the ganache application..

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:15am
post #7 of 7

Ganache is the only thing I will ever use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%