What's With Peggy Porschen's New Book???

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm by littlejewel

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:52pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniprev

I just bought this book last week.... I bought it through AMAZON.CO.UK..... and it also arrived very quickly.

Persevere though, because it is truly beautiful!!!

You know it's funny, I just checked Amazon.UK and it said "this book has not yet been released"! It has a release date of July 17, 2009! Okay, what's wrong with this picture? icon_confused.gif

I also bought mine through Amazon UK on pre-order and got it before it's release date (it came 14th July I think)! It said that it hadn't been released then too, so just order it and it will come!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #32 of 43

I LOVE her work. I'll have to add this book to my list.

Karenreg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenreg Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:50pm
post #33 of 43

TIA[/quote]

That's my thought -- that Cake Chic and Simply Spectacular Cakes are the same book much like Romantic Cakes and Beautiful Cakes were. It's just that one is for UK release and one is for release in the United States. I haven't been able to confirm this yet though. icon_cool.gif[/quote]

4 those of u who have purchased books from Amazon UK, Just had 1 Question , can u pay in dollars for a purchase made on that site, also how economic is the shipping?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm
post #34 of 43

Karen, I paid through the normal Amazon way of paying -- they have your info connected between the US and UK sites. It's been a while but as I recall the UK site gives the amount in their currency and you are billed on your CC in US currency. I remember when I shopped at Lindy Smith's site in the UK I paid through Paypal and they had a conversion chart at Paypal UK. It was also the same thing there -- the site gave UK currency and my CC was charged in US currency. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Karenreg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenreg Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #35 of 43

tx for the info bobwonderbuns, wat abt shipping is it expensive coz they come from UK ?

bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #36 of 43

When I ordered from Lindy Smith I spent about $200 in merchandise and I think I got charged $24 in shipping. I don't remember what the shipping was from Amazon UK but it seems to me it was comparable to the US shipping prices.

lflowermoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lflowermoon Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:18am
post #37 of 43

Cake Chic and Simply Spectacular Cakes are the same book.
They have different titles if they are published in UK or US.
Last week the book was available on Amazon.Uk , now not anymore!
I purchased it there and then the order was canceled! icon_sad.gif
Does anyone know where can I find it now....?
Thanks

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:00pm
post #38 of 43

Iflowermoon, I preordered Simply Spectacular Cakes from Amazon US as Cake Chic is no longer available anyplace (at least no place I've checked.) It won't be released until next year but hey -- it's paid for! icon_biggrin.gif

lflowermoon Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:07pm
post #39 of 43

Found it! I didn't want to wait until Spring 2010. Paid 33$ + $6 shipping from Abebooks, Uk! icon_biggrin.gif

lflowermoon Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #40 of 43

Check this link and look on the right side: there is a list of places that sell the book!
http://www.librarything.com/work/8564989

lflowermoon Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #41 of 43

Here there are availability,sellers and prices:
I got mine from Blackwell, but it was the last one...

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?isbn=1844007103&mode=advanced&st=sr&ac=qr

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #42 of 43

icon_eek.gif Good grief, now some "entrepreneur" wants $137.00 for the book!! icon_eek.gif http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1844007103/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1250448285&sr=1-1&condition=new

Okay, repeat after me: Ah, I don't think so! icon_confused.gif

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #43 of 43

Thank you for talking about these books. I now have another book to go out and buy. I had no clue about these titles before. This was really helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%