Pinstripe Design On Cakes

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 9:54pm by brincess_b

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:07pm
post #1 of 2

I'd like to learn how to make vertical lines down the sides of cakes. I have recently bought a book which states, as a guide, with a scribe, you place an 8" board on top of an 8" cake and mark the board. Where do I mark it? also, if the design is to start in the centre on the cake, how can I evenly space out the lines? I have tried starting from the centre but by the time I have reach the cake board at the bottom, it is too far from the previous stripe icon_sad.gif

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 2

it all comes down to careful planning and prep - thats why i havent really done it, cause i dont like to be that careful, lol.

a common way is to take paper the same size and shape as your cake, and fold it in half, half again, and keep going til the number of folds = number of lines you want. put on top of the can, so you can mark on the icing where to do your line.

if you are being really organised, you should then measure around the bottom of your cake, and mark out with the same spacing. and if you are really careful (or dont ave a good eye/ steady hand) then gently join the marks to get a straight line to follow.

doing the method you mention, i would assum its a case of making the marks on the board, sitting it on top of/ under the cake and again marking the icing.

if you are doing it free hand, i like to do a line at each quater mark, then on inbetween those lines. then inbetween those ones again. probably makes no sense!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%