Sheet Cakes

Decorating By momcake101 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm by momcake101

momcake101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momcake101 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:25am
post #1 of 6

I,ve been asked to do a sheet, half chocolate & half yellow. Advice on how to do this would be appreciated! Just need to know what to use as a divider! Also a 12''x18" is a half sheet cake. Is that right? Thanks

5 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:39am
post #2 of 6

No divider is needed! Simply prop up one end of the pan on some dishtowels or oven mitts, pour in one flavor on the 'down' end. Then I get the mixing bowl with the other flavor in it and working quickly, I remove about half of the towels/mitts and then start pouring in the second flavor. Then before that flavor emptys - I remove the remaining towels/mitts so that the pan is flat. I let the batter level out and then smooth it over with a spatula. I also blend the 2 flavors together by swirling the spatula through the batter in the middle - this prevents the cake from wanting to seperate once its baked and I am flipping it onto the board.

Hope this makes sense - it's awful early here this morning!!LOL!!

laura_7845 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura_7845 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:02am
post #3 of 6

To bake two different flavors in one pan is super easy. I use the same technique that's on this video that was posted by donna on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuprXcMza-M&feature=channel_page
Hope this helps.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:04am
post #4 of 6

I do what suzycakes does.

In my area, a half sheet is 12 x18. It might differ where you are, call a local grocer and ask.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_7845

To bake two different flavors in one pan is super easy. I use the same technique that's on this video that was posted by donna on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuprXcMza-M&feature=channel_page
Hope this helps.

That's a good video Laura! Thanks for sharing!

momcake101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momcake101 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thank yall so much!! You've answered my questions! Much appreciation!! Momcake101 in Alabama

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%