Do You Think?

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 1:59am by cylstrial

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 9

I am making this cake for my mom's bday. She likes this cake but she saw a cake with marbeled shells. So I was thinking of replacing the waves with shells. I like the waves but she liked the shells.

What do you think?
LL

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 9

very pretty cake.. but us the shells that she likes. at least that is what i would do. you will be happier in the end , that you pleased the b/d girl...

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #3 of 9

Could you not do the waves and make some small shells to go in between the waves around the border or maybe place a few shells on the border area of the upper tier and leaves the waves on the bottom.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 9

Really.. I think it would be pretty either way, but I guess you should do it the way the birthday girl wants it. icon_rolleyes.gif

dettdunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dettdunn Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:41am
post #5 of 9

I'd make the shells (I am presuming you mean 'sea shells') and put them at the bottom of each wave in groupings; the best of both worlds.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy1971

Could you not do the waves and make some small shells to go in between the waves around the border or maybe place a few shells on the border area of the upper tier and leaves the waves on the bottom.

I love that idea, I think would look sooooo pretty like that!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

chryscrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chryscrazy Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:49am
post #7 of 9

For a second I was thinking, "Really, your mom is turning 1?" I've had a long day. I like the suggestion of the shells between the waves.

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #8 of 9

My mom is turning 65 and we are having a luau party for her. I like the idea of adding them between the waves. The mold I bought maybe to big though. I bought the one for sale at Michaels. I will look for a smaller one. Thanks

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:59am
post #9 of 9

I say do what your mom wants, since it's her cake! =o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%