Cake Flavor Options For Clients?

Decorating By jomar0321 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 2:07am by JanH

jomar0321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jomar0321 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 3

How many cake/frosting flavor options do you give clients? I need to create a list but not sure how traditional or unique the flavors should be. I'm a stay-at-home mommy branching out a little more from just family and friends so by all means, not a professional.

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 3

I don't think that you have to have tons. You can always add more as you go along.

For the cakes, you could do a white, butter, lemon, chocolate, strawberry, marble, coconut, pineapple, red velvet, pound cake, and carrot.

Then get a few frostings that will go well with your cake. I find that vanilla frosting goes with a lot of different kinds of cake. You should get a chocolate frosting, cream cheese. SMBC. You really could add so many flavors to it as well.

For fillings, you can obviously use any of your frostings. Plus you could do some fruit fillings like raspberry, peach, strawberry, etc.

I think the best thing to do is to look at websites and see what other cake businesses offer. Then you can decide what you want to offer yourself. Hope this helps!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:07am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%