I Need Help With Ganache ......fast!!

Decorating By kentuckyjode Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm by LaDulceria

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all.....I want to use poured ganache on a chocolate cake..haven't done before...so i put a layer of butter cream down first then pour ganache? Or do I just pour the ganache?? Thanks for any fast help!!!

7 replies
leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 8

Either way. Depends if you want just ganache as an icing or if you want it to be more decorative and dripping down the sides.

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 8

I've always crumb coat the cake before I pour the ganache over. I also find it a little helpful for me if the crumb coat is cool and firm, not cold.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 8

It depends on the look you are trying to achieve, with BC looks classy and bakery like, and without BC it looks rustic and homemade but both delicious! HTH

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks you all....I know I can always count on my CC friends for quick answers!!

LaDulceria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaDulceria Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:51pm
post #6 of 8

both options are good...and the one with crumbs.

I supposed if fou want the cake just decorated with ganache, if that´s the case, cover with buttercream first, let it set, and the cover or drizzle with ganache.
If you want just ganache, cover it twice with it (give it a go, let it set and the cover with second layer, that you could actually do it thicker than the first one adding extra chocolte, so it holds better when cold), so you get a nice finish.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 8

what ganache recipe are you going to use? i've been wanting to learn this as well as the ganache type they use for filling (spreadable)

LaDulceria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaDulceria Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8

About the ganache............the way i do it....ok
i don´t really follow any recipe, i just follow proportions.
Let say, if you are doing 300 ml of cream, you need 300 gr of dark chocolate, that will give you the normal ganache.
i love playing around with that, so if i increase the chocolate amount will give you a harder texture, but wihtout being too crunchy, sometimes as well instead of using cream i use a thick syrup to melt the chocolate, it gives you a extra shine, but, gets very sweet tought...

Roughly speaking i´ll probably do something like a 300 ml of cream, bring it to boil, let it rest for a minute, add 500 gr chocolate ( 70% for chocoholics) melted in the boild milk, stir 25 ml of rum, cofee liquor, grand manier,or something like that for extra kick......aviod if the cake is gonna be eaten by kids.
hope it helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%