What Would Your Wedding Cake Look Like?

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 3:27am by SeeChicletRun

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:08am
post #31 of 38

Great timing on this thread...

Since I joined CC, I've said that I won't be able to have a wedding cake because I'll never be able to decide on what I want. Now that we are planning 'the big party,' I've been thinking about it a little.
I immediately said that I would make a kransekake, thinking that would solve my problems...incorporates my Norwegian heritage (many countries from our travels and heritage are being incorporated in the reception food--yummy!) and no design to pick out--there's only one style.
When my little sister heard my plan she said we needed to have real cake so she planned 4 kinds of cupcakes. Then my mom said that I have to have at least 1 tier for a cake cutting picture. I've been scanning the galleries for 2 days looking for something that I want, but so far nothing has really screamed "Me and Josh" so so I'm still searching for the perfect wedding cake.

Thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and stories.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:25pm
post #32 of 38

I posted our 1977 wedding cake picture in My Photos because I do not know how to post it here in the forum. I got a good chuckle out of it! Hope you do, too.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:49pm
post #33 of 38

This is an experiment to see if I'm improving technologically. If our wedding cake appears here, thanks, Doug!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1415367

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #34 of 38

I'm actually getting married in September and just decided on what kind of cake I'm going to do.

There is a VERY limited selection of cake styles that you can get from bakeries in my area so I decided to go with a topsy turvy to have something really different and fun. I can just see the look on my family, and family in-law's faces... haha they are all so formal!

Besides that it's going to match the wedding colours: ivory, chocolate brown, and burnt orange. And the flavour is going to be chocolate and more chocolate!

I've got to agree with Jamie, I'd love to have a cake made by Natalie. Or Edna. So many great decorators!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:06pm
post #35 of 38

I would LOVE a cake by Mike McCarey or Rosebud in L.A. I actually think I know the cake I want, now I just need the guy!

(Hopefully that'll come this December. icon_wink.gif

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:41pm
post #36 of 38

I would love to have my wedding cake redone. It was done by the reception hall. It was 3 tier, white on white with icing roses. The roses were supposed to be marroon; or even a dark red (we were married on Dec. 22 so everything was decorated with evergreens and dark red ribbons and white candles). They were PURPLE when I walked in!!

I looked back at my photos and the scroll work and piping was nicely done- but it was a traditional New England wedding cake. And the topper was this cheap fake white flower arch thing with the bride and groom under it. I broke off the bride and groom and threw away the arch.

The cake was also a white cake- blech. I'm chocolate all the way. I can't even believe I had a white cake.

If I could do it over I'd have a 5 tier chocolate - each tier either the color of a bridesmaids dress, with the top being ivory for my dress or the whole thing ivory with accents/piping in the different colors. Each girl had a different color- 1 was midnight blue, one was midnight maroon, and one was midnight green, and my flower girl was a deep rose. I got the idea when I saw a poster in a dressing room while trying on gowns of 4 girls in the 4 colors- my bridesmaids lived in California, Massachusetts, Switzerland and I was in New Hampshire- so I was in a "fitting dilemna". They picked which color they wanted and I let them use whatever dress they wanted.

Don't know who I'd have make it though. That's a toughy. icon_smile.gif

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:18pm
post #37 of 38

My wedding cake was elegant in white with small blue flowers. It was the most fabulous carrot cake! A family friend made the cakes in Arkansas, drove to Minnesota and decorated it.

I would order my cake from a CC'r, her name I do not remember, but she owns a shop in Orlando called Design Me A Cake. I would want white fondant with bright flowers, including daisies.

Now, that I'm thinking of it, my 20th anniversary is next month and I've never made a wedding cake. Who better to practice on than myself. Now I'll really have to start thinking. icon_biggrin.gif

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:27am
post #38 of 38

This was my wedding cake, over 9 years ago:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ShelleyFluegge/cake.jpg

For my 9th anniversary I made a knock off top tier of the cake. Im not a professional and I hardley ever pipe but it was way fun!!
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs126.snc1/5413_234983005321_659045321_7921697_8286785_n.jpg

If I were to pick a cake today it would probably be similar to this:
http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/58117/normal_DSC_1319.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%