Update Frm 6/2/09 "i Know I Was Unprofessional, But...(

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 12:58pm by cylstrial

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 6

So a while back I posted a thread about a customer who really "got my gander up".
The short of it was that I donated cookies to a local school district. I received an email back from them calling me cheap. I was so angry. I received back some very, very funny responses and some good, stern advice. The humor & support really helped put me in a good mood, and all of the responses made me feel that I was not being unreasonable. I am very NON-confrontational and decided to just let it go. I decided if they every approached me again, I would simply tell them no and if they asked why I would tell them. WELL....I got a thank you note the other day from a head honcho from the district. It was very, very complimentary. She was sure to state specifically how good they cookies were and that they were the first to go. I was flabbergasted. I called her and told her my story. Needless to say, she was mortified! She requested that I forward the email to her which I did along with my slightly unprofessional response. She apologized profusely over the phone and when she emailed me again to tell me she "took cake of the situation". I don't feel too bad because most district staff don't get fired easily so I doubt she lost her job. I do feel proud that I called and let her know what had happened.

The moral of the story....
Thank you all for the support, kind words, laughs, or kicks in the ass, that help me through the good days and not so good ones!

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #2 of 6

Glad this turned out so well !

I went back & read your initial post. I don't know what bee that broad had in her britches that day icon_eek.gif ---she calls day of, gets 2 dozen cookies for FREE, and that's not good enough icon_mad.gif People never cease to amaze me.

I donated a certificate to a charity and a woman bought it thinking that she would use it for her birthday 2 weeks later. When she called, I was already booked---gah, you should see the tone of the e-mails I got after I told her that I couldn't do the cake. You'd think I'd murdered her pet rabbit!

I gave her tons of options for future uses, but every once in a while, I still get whiny e-mails that start with, "Well, since you couldn't do my birthday cake.............."

Oh, I can't wait until I finally have to do a cake for her icon_cry.gif

Rae

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:15am
post #3 of 6

Also glad it worked out for you. icon_smile.gif

Here's a link to the original post:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-634123-.html

HTH

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

I am glad things worked out in your favor. You know, some folks confuse the word professionalism with doormat. Inasmuch as I would like to give my time and services away, if a donation is made, a simple 'thank you' would suffice.

To kick a gift horse in the mouth is uncalled for. Again, kudos to you! icon_biggrin.gif

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #5 of 6

Well, good for you. I hope the original emailer now realizes that what is typed on a computer can be traced back to her. I hope she was embarrassed and will think twice the next time she wants to be rude online. (Unless, of course, she wants to start a really juicy thread on here as a troll. That's always fun. JK) icon_wink.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 6

Glad it worked out for you! And thanks Jan for putting the thread on here. I remember reading it originally. I just needed a refresher of the situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%