Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 12:57pm by Babarooskie

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:19pm
post #61 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane706

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

If I were the customer, I wouldn't be making another order, so a discount wouldn't help. Rae

OOOHH!! Must we be so harsh to the OP? She admitted that she "Messed Up" and "I apologized so many times". Good God Almighty people!! Yes, she should give a significant refund but don't FLAME her!! Haven't you EVER made a mistake that you regret and wondered how to rectify it? Hoped for forgiveness?? We're talking about CAKE here not war, famine, murder or child prostitution! Let's put this in perspective, people and GROW UP!! C'MON FLAME ME if you want and let her go! Life's too short and PRECIOUS to treat one another this way! You can respond in a manner that is edifying and uplifting without being crude.

Good Grief! Unknot those panties, girl. icon_eek.gif

I was straight forward, truthful, and to the point---that hardly constitutes "flaming" or being crude.

Your rant is more of a flame to me than what I posted in response to the OP, so take a dose of your own advice: You can respond in a manner that is edifying and uplifting without being crude.

Rae

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #62 of 66

Can we all please end this thread? Enough has been said already. I'm sure the OP regrets even asking the question at this point, I know I would. I wish the main objective here would always be to support one another - not necessarily agree with everything said and done - but to respond in a way that is supportive and geared toward something positive (learning from a negative experience for future reference, etc) not in a way that insults or tears someone down. JMO.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:47am
post #63 of 66

I can't tell you how many times growing up "Happy Birthday Carolyn" was done "Happy Birthday Carloyn or Caroyln" on my cake and each was from a different location.

As a child it was embarrassing. By 15 it was a shock if my cake arrived right.

As an adult I personally would just sigh, note down the name of the bakery and not return.

Once I started decorating I was very careful on every cake that went out my door and I would make any customer write clearly in print what they wanted their cake to say. I would double check it, and have someone do a third check.

I had other mistakes though that were caught. Wrong flavor, color tint on the cake, color of frosting etc. Each were handled differently because each customer is different.

For this customer since you stated she was already a real gem I probably would have asked her what you wanted her to do. If she said "full" I would have countered from there "well they were consumed correct?" when they reply "yes" then I'd say how about "half".

Any mistake is a lesson learned but when they aren't the best of customers to begin with it stings even worse.

The good news is each day is new, and you get to start them fresh with out mistakes.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:03am
post #64 of 66

[quote="diane706"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

If I were the customer, I wouldn't be making another order, so a discount wouldn't help. Rae

OOOHH!! Must we be so harsh to the OP? She admitted that she "Messed Up" and "I apologized so many times". Good God Almighty people!! Yes, she should give a significant refund but don't FLAME her!!

The above was quoted. The below is my response..... (I specify, b/c the quote within a quote doesn't work well on CC.....

Why is it a flame to say that if you were a customer you wouldn't make another order? If I was the customer, the only way I would even consider making another order would be to have received both an apology and a full refund. That's just my opinion and not a "flame". Mistakes happen. People are welcome to deal with them however they please. Customers are also welcome to go elsewhere and I would. That's not meant as a judgement or as a cruel statement. It's just an honest statement of my opinion.
I agree that sometimes people are cruel on internet websites and sometimes people are cruel on this one.
However, if you are going to label a tepid statement like "if you only offered me a discount, I would not order from you again" as some kind of outrageous attack, than it's probably best not to ask on a public forum for honest opinions.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:31am
post #65 of 66

Hey OP, I don't know if you're still reading, but sorry you made a mistake! It hurts me so bad to know I didn't do something right. refund, not refund, whatever. But I know that the mistakes I have really lost sleep over and felt terrible.

I posted a month ago that I marked my calendar wrong for a groom's cake. It was a thursday rehearsal dinner and grooms cake for a saturday wedding. And you know, the DATES were right, but my head just told me that the cake was for friday. So Thursday night when she called wondering where her cake was, I had nothing for her! I had just crumbcoated it! I felt HORRIBLE about it. I refunded her whole amount and still finished the cake and brought it to her reception with the wedding cake. I sent her a note apologizing profusely, but still I felt terrible about it. I still do! She recently reviewed me online and gave me 5 stars and said I was so great, my cakes taste great... ... but I still feel bad, because obviously she was such a nice person!

Anyway, if you're like me, you're beating yourself up enough on your own for making a mistake, so I'm sorry!! hugs!!

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:57pm
post #66 of 66

This is getting ridiculous already. We're all gown adults here and look at the way we act towards one another!!

I totally regret asking this question now- and now maybe peple will never ask for advice, suggestions, or vent to each other again. Nobody's ever going to be perfect, not everyone will be exactly the same, and defintely not everyome will agree on certain things...BUT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT!

Some say people can be too harsh when giving a suggestion (I agree as well) and some disagree. That's the nature of the beast.
CC was made for the sole purpose of sharing ideas, of a community coming together where talents throughout the world can be displayed at our fingertips! Let's not ruin it, please...

As for myself, maybe I am a little too senstive, maybe not. Maybe some people can word their comments better, maybe not. The one thing we must all remember is, "Treat others by how YOU would want to be treated".

Good grief, I need a drink right about now.
TGIF!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%