Satin Ice Struggles...

Decorating By mrsclox Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 9:13pm by BlakesCakes

mrsclox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclox Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 4

I have been buying Satin Ice lately, because I just don't have time to make fondant from scratch and hassle with coloring it. I like the taste of Satin Ice and love that it's not as sticky as MMF. I'm having trouble covering cakes with it though. It always tears toward the bottom of the cake. Thus far I've been able to hide the rips and tears, but I hate that it's happening. Any tips to avoid this or answers as to why it's happening? I love the convenience of it, but am finding it difficult to work with.

3 replies
cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 4

i was having the same struggle with it; tearing, sticking, etc. THEN, i found FONDARIFIC!!!

i only use satin ice for small decorations now, since Fondarific is SO much easier to work with!! They are on the web at www.fondarific.com!!

i love it! icon_biggrin.gif

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 4

[quote="cupcakelady64"]i was having the same struggle with it; tearing, sticking, etc. THEN, i found FONDARIFIC!!!

Same here. I LOVE Fondarific (especially the buttercream flavor) and the gals that work there! They're so sweet!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 4

I improve the texture of my Satin Ice by using a 1/3 Wilton + 2/3 Satin Ice mixture. I get the same wonderful flavor with great workability. It also helps keep the cost reasonable.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%