Questions Abotu Setting Up Shop????

Business By sjbeatty8 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm by gladysrdz24

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 3

I finally think I have a location to start my business from which is exciting... Its just 4 walls right now so I will have to start from scratch and have some questions...

I dont want to spend a TON of money starting out because I will still work full time and dont know how it will take off. so.........

What appliances do you recommend for starting??? Commercial quality or Not???

Are there anythings in your legal kitchen that you would not go with out or that you put in and never use??

Any advise or links to previous post would be appreciated. I tried to search but im at work and being sneaky!

TIA

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 3

i think you need to start with your licence people - i believe they often have set things that you must have in order to be licensed. things like grease traps which you might not need, but to meet their requirements, you need it installed.
xx

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 3

My family has a bakery and my dad invested about 8000 dollars only to start. He went to a lot of auctions and we only had the essentials until we needed more and more things. Weve been in business for a little bit over 6 years and its only getting better. So only get your essentials and dont go overboard with stuff that you dont need. And licenses come first as stated. Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%