Suggestions Needed For Packaging Loaf Cakes

Decorating By QueenBee1 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 10:09am by three_sets_of_twins

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone!

I am about to start a new farmers market next Saturday. One of the items I plan on offering is assorted loaf cakes. I just started them at my market earlier this week. I simply wrapped them in plastic wrap and placed my label on top. They looked just fine. However, because this particular cake is very moist, I was uncomfortable because I didn't use any kind of support (i.e. cake board) underneath. So far, I can't find any cake boards for loaf cakes. I know that loaf pans come in various sizes, and maybe that's why.

I've thought about buying some kind of material, having it cut to size, covering it with foil and then wrapping the loaf cake in plastic wrap. If I go that route, I'm not sure where to buy such material in mass and where to have it cut. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 4

just a suggestion, because I don't know the size of your pan, but maybe some paper lining, like you use for cupcakes, I have a loaf pan that I can use with or without the paper lining.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

You can cut down large cake boards, or put them in bakery boxes--if you wanted, and they don't already have them, you cound even cut openings in the lids and glue plastic in for a window.

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:09am
post #4 of 4

Hi there, I sel loaf cakes all the time, and here is some of my packaging ideas:
*sometimes I wrap the bottom part of the loaf in a paper doiley (sp?) then slip them into a nylon bag (clear plastic bag, kinda like ziplock with without the zip thing) and then tie the end shut with a pretty bow, and put one of my logo stickers on the front.
* OR I wrap the loaf in plastic wrap, but then get some nice tussue paper or cheap fabric and wrap the loaf in that. I either wrap it like a gift, or lay the fabric on the table and place the loaf on top, then bring it all together at the top and tie with a bow.
* or i take the square of fabric with one corner facing me, lay the loaf on that, then roll it up so that there is a lot of empty rolled fabric on one end. tape it shut, then tie off the empty fabric pat with a bow. Dont cut it off, its pretty!
Id post pictures but I dont think its allowed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%