Question About Storing Cake

Decorating By Rethy Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 3:07am by Rylan

Rethy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rethy Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake that is very extensive. I am doing a ship that is very large and the decorating is taking a long time. So I have been putting in the freezer then I frost it for a little bit, then I put it back in so I can keep it firm. How do you avoid condensation? How do you store a cake that will take you a week to make? I noticed as the cake began to thaw is when the condensation started. I carved this cake and I have put a lot of money in it and I don't want to lose it. Any advice? It is too big to put in a box, it just barely fits in the freezer. Would a fan help dry it? How long can a cake sit out without going bad? Hope this is too lengthy. Thanks for any help you can give me asap!

3 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #2 of 4

Why are you putting it in the freezer? Hopefully you started with a firm cake and if so it should be fine to deco without putting it in the freezer.
Does it have a filling? If so is it sleeved? if it is then your cake is fine to leave out while you decorate it.

hth

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 4

Why are you putting it in the freezer? Hopefully you started with a firm cake and if so it should be fine to deco without putting it in the freezer.
Does it have a filling? If so is it sleeved? if it is then your cake is fine to leave out while you decorate it.

hth

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #4 of 4

I'd put it in the fridge rather than the freezer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%