Help With Graffiti Cookies??!?!?!?

Baking By annieluz Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 7:37am by Honeydukes

annieluz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieluz Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 9

Hi there... a good friend called me today asking if I could do 60 cookie pops for her daughter's birthday on Tuesday... ok so it is TOTALLY last minute, but I agreed to do it... her daughter is in some hip hop dance classes for the summer so she wants them to be decorated to look like graffiti... i have NO CLUE what to do... i thought maybe i could ice the cookies like i usually do and then use those spray paint colors that wilton uses? but would that even "dry" on the icing? or what about those food writers? i've never used them, but picked some up just in case... ANY advice or suggestions would help!

THANK YOU!!!

8 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #2 of 9

I don't know if it will help you but here are couple of sites where you can create graffiti icon_lol.gif
just type anything, In this case you can type her name and it will generate a graffiti font for it...Maybe you can trace the letters on your cookies and just fill them up with RI...hope this helps
http://www.graffiticreator.net/html/creator7.htm
http://www.satisfaction.com/graffiti-creator/

annieluz Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:33am
post #3 of 9

hey charmed... well the actual graffiti is not really a problem... lucky for me my hubby was into graffiti in his teens and is actually still good at it after all these years (tested him earlier LOL)... he is willing to do some stencils for me OR try to decorate himself... i'm just wondering which way would be the right way to do it... i have some great ideas but i can't figure out which method... thanks for the suggestion! icon_smile.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 9

Airbrush, spray colors, and food writers all worked for me when I used the Toba Garret glaze, and they dried beautifully. I don't know what you use to decorate with, but it should work fine anyway.

annieluz Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:59am
post #5 of 9

varika, thanks for the input! so glad that i can use both the sray and the food writes...

btw, i am using a basic icing recipe that i always use...1 cup conf. sugar, 2 TB milk, 2 tsp corn syrup, 1/4 tsp almond extract & then the food coloring... also, if you don't mind sharing....what is the Toba Garret Glaze?

THANKS!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 1:42am
post #6 of 9

You can find the recipe for the glaze in the recipe section. It dries hard on top and glossy, and it tastes delicious and is paradoxically soft when you bite into it. You drizzle it over the cookies--I used a gravy scoop--and let it harden overnight, and it's fine. I tinted it pale yellow, then airbrushed a stencil on, then used a food writer to put names on each one.

See?

annieluz Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:10am
post #7 of 9

WOW those are beautiful! I will look up the recipe... thanks sooo much! icon_smile.gif

annieluz Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:10am
post #8 of 9

WOW those are beautiful! I will look up the recipe... thanks sooo much! icon_smile.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%