80's Cake... Help

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 1:11am by mindy1204

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 8

I tried to use the search function but when I put 80's cake in it came up 80///'s cake?? Weird! Anyway... we are planning a little reunion of sorts with 5 girlfriends from middle/high school, we just found eachother on facebook. It is going to be a BBQ. I would love to do some kind of cake that has a 80's theme. We were really into roller skating, bowling, listening to Wham, Cindy Lauper, Duran Duran etc. Anyone have any ideas of how a cool cake with this type of theme?

TIA.

7 replies
mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 8

If you had a icing sheet printer, you could copy album covers and make a stack, or one or two of your favorite music from the 80's. You could make a RKT rollerskate, or cut them out of fondant and stick them to the sides of the cake. Same for bowling pins. No matter how your cake turns out, your get together will be awesome! Isn't facebook cool that way!

On a sidenote, I almost suggested that you make CD's, but we didn't listen to those in the 80's, did we?!

Have fun!

mindy1204 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 8

We have really enjoyed get caught up. It was my best friend for 5 yrs and we lost touch and I am so excited to see her again!

mindy1204 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 8

We have really enjoyed get caught up. It was my best friend for 5 yrs and we lost touch and I am so excited to see her again!

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 8

If you have access to a printer you should print out everybody's senior pics and put them on it. That my friends is what you call a conversation starter! icon_lol.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysue

On a sidenote, I almost suggested that you make CD's, but we didn't listen to those in the 80's, did we?!

*laughing* Nope, 80's was the era of casette tapes and VHS. Also Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong Jr.

...my inner geek is showing, excuse me, I need to zip...

You could do a fondant/gumpaste bust with really big hair, too, a la Cindy Lauper...

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysue

*laughing* Nope, 80's was the era of casette tapes and VHS. Also Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong Jr.

...my inner geek is showing, excuse me, I need to zip...

You could do a fondant/gumpaste bust with really big hair, too, a la Cindy Lauper...

mindy1204 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:11am
post #8 of 8

We did not all go to high school together, that is where we split apart but i could do all middle school. That would be hysterical.

Love the hair idea we all had the poof

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%