Need Heelllp! With Cheshire Cat!!

Decorating By candoo Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm by candoo

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 10

Have to carve a cheshire cat (from Alice in Wonderland) tonight. It needs to feed 30 ppl. Anyone ever done this? What size cake layers would ya'll use? Any pearls of wisdom to ensure the head stays firmly attached to the body? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! I will try to attach a pic of what she wants, but I'm not very computer savy...

9 replies
candoo Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone????? Surely someone has done something like this!! Help please!

candoo Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 10

Well, no one ever responded to my posts, but I made my Chechire cat, I think the customer liked it. It's in my pics if anyone wants to check it out! It turned out much bigger than I had intended, though.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 10

Sorry no one respond but apparently you don't need anyones help icon_biggrin.gif because he turned out amazing!!!! All your cakes look great thumbs_up.gif

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 10

Sorry no one respond but apparently you don't need anyones help icon_biggrin.gif because he turned out amazing!!!! All your cakes look great thumbs_up.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 10

I've never done a cheshire cat, so I couldn't have helped even if I'd seen this post before.

I think he turned out great though - good job!!! icon_smile.gif

candoo Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 10

Traceyjade- Thanks you sooo much! I was REALLY nervous about this stupid cat! LOL! (As you can imagine, I'm sure!)

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 10

That is odd. I am on here every day at least twice a day and I allways choose the forum option that says "Posts since you last signed in". I never saw your original post. Not that I would have had any information that could have helped but I just thought it odd that I never saw it. ANyway, you did a great job! thumbs_up.gif

candoo Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10

Ohmyganache- Thanks a bunch!! Apparently, not many have done one, b/c I had a heck of a time finding pics of one besides the one the customer had! There were only a 2-3 on this site, but if anyone who done those 2-3 is reading this, those were great for inspiration, I just wish there had been a little more of them!!!

candoo Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks, Beeboos! I know this site has went kooky!?! a few times lately with people being unable to post, having triple posts, etc., so maybe something like that is why I never got much response?? Who knows!!?!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%