Rolling Out Fondant....

Decorating By JenJane Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 2:31pm by cylstrial

JenJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJane Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 4

So....last night I had a minor meltdown because I am trying to roll out a large enough piece of fondant to cover a sheet cake board and I was having a really hard time. icon_cry.gif Any suggestions or thoughts that might eliminate another meltdown would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 4

Start with a lot of fondant. You can always cut the excess off and reuse it. But it will definitely take less time if you start with a lot. Otherwise you can find yourself rolling it out, thinking oops, I didn't have enough, now I have to re-roll. That process takes a while. It has happened to me several times in a row. And by then you are frustrated. Make sure you measure the board before you roll as well so you know exactly what size you have to roll.

JenJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJane Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 4

After the third or fourth time trying to roll it out I thought maybe I should add more but by then I had really had it. Ha! I'll try that today. Thank you!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 4

Try it this way. It will make your life so much easier. And then you'll never skimp on the amount of fondant to throw down again. =o) Happy to help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%