Is There An Ivory Coloring??

Decorating By Candy12345 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 3:24am by dorie67

Candy12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy12345 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:33am
post #1 of 7

I need to make Ivory colored frosting. The only frosting I am familiar working with is Wilton. Which is white!! Or is there a trick to coloring it??
Thank you

6 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:41am
post #2 of 7

There are many recipes in here that are great to work with. Add some ivory coloring to tint it.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 7

Hi Candy and welcome to CC!

In terms of ivory colored, do you need just a touch or more toward a cafe latte type of ivory? If just needing off-white, you can use 1/2 butter 1/2 vegetable shortening and real vanilla to get an off white frosting including with the Wilton recipe... if you are needing a darker shade you can always try going with Wilton's "Ivory" or brown and egg (buttercup in Wilton) yellow. Always start with just a touch of these and add more if need be. Taking it toward latte colored ivory is by adding Juniper Green to the brown yellow combo.

Hope that helps!

Candy12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy12345 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 7

thank you! I just need an off white. I'll try the regular vanilla.

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 7

Americolor has an Ivory pastecolor. I have the jar. And, it makes a beautiful color. Try to find it.

HTH

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #6 of 7

Americolor has an Ivory pastecolor. I have the jar. And, it makes a beautiful color. Try to find it.

HTH

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #7 of 7

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! I was going to suggest the colored vanilla flavoring or the Wilton Ivory paste color. princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%