Shipping Cookies

Baking By kimmyboo925 Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 2:40pm by cylstrial

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone have any good advice on shipping cookies... I have to ship from florida to NY 75 cookies. How do i wrap them and make sure they dont crack?TIA

6 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 7

I pack cookies in gussetted cellophane bags, then just cushion between each with a little square of bubble wrap, fill any spaces with styrofoam popcorn & double-box the whole shebang! I've never had one cookie break in transit yet.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

I pack cookies in gussetted cellophane bags, then just cushion between each with a little square of bubble wrap, fill any spaces with styrofoam popcorn & double-box the whole shebang! I've never had one cookie break in transit yet.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I got 4 cookies to my nieces without breakage, but this is great to know for large cookie orders! thumbs_up.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #5 of 7

I shipped 4 dozen awhile ago. They were fondant decorated. I bagged each cookie and put 2 dozen in each box.

I used cheap toilet paper, (unrolled so that it's very fluffy) under them and on top of them. I put the lid on the boxes and then put a layer of bubble wrap between the 2 boxes. I put them in another box with more fluffy TP all around the box. I then put that box into another box that had styro peanuts to fill up any empty space.

I mailed the box next day delivery. Not a cookie broke. It was expensive to mail, but it worked very, very well.

Rae

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:28am
post #6 of 7

I ship to soilders every few weeks. I put the cookies in big gallon bags, seal them and suck as much air out as humanly possible, then stick that bag in another and do the same. I pad the box with plastic bags in every direction and pack it really tight.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 7

All great tips! Especially the cheap toilet paper trick. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%