Cake Boss Fudge & Strawberries

Decorating By Temptations Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 1:37am by Temptations

Temptations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Temptations Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 12

Since a lot of you have seen the show Cake Boss I was hoping someone would confirm or steer me in the right direction how to do his fudge filling with sliced strawberries. Is that just a ganache? I'm going to a pool party this weekend with a bunch of people from my husband's work and I want to WOW them. I was going to make a cake with this fudge & strawberry filling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anything I need to think about as far as being outside with this cake in 100 degree weather? I could probably just leave it inside. icon_smile.gif Thanks.

11 replies
Temptations Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 12

bump

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 12

hmm im not 100% sure..but i dont think what he uses in ganache. I would look for a chocolate fudge recipe. I dont have one or i would post it for you
Good luck icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 12

I think a whipped ganache with the strawberries would work great!!! Really really rich, that's for sure!!!

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 12

here is the chocolate fudge recipe from macsmom

Fudge Filling - MacsMom
1/2 c butter
3/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c corn syrup
3 bags chocolate chips
1 cup buttercream or choc frosting
*Beat butter, sugar and corn syrup; set aside. Melt chocolate. Blend into butter mixture (it will begin to thicken). Beat in frosting.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 12

I think a whipped ganache with the strawberries would work great!!! Really really rich, that's for sure!!!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 12

I wondered how they used strawberries in the filling....wouldn't the cake have to be served immediately?

Temptations Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:32am
post #8 of 12

Hey cupcakesnbuttercream, why do you say wouldn't it have to be served immediately? What is the concern with the fresh strawberry slices? I'll need to know if I'm making this for the pool party on Saturday. Thanks.

Temptations Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:35am
post #9 of 12

SJ169, thanks for the recipe. This looks like it make a ton of filling though. Any idea how much it makes?

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:13am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptations

Hey cupcakesnbuttercream, why do you say wouldn't it have to be served immediately? What is the concern with the fresh strawberry slices? I'll need to know if I'm making this for the pool party on Saturday. Thanks.

I thought it would make the cake soggy? or maybe the fruit will go bad if not served within a couple hours? idk, that's why i asked

LillyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyLou Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:17am
post #11 of 12

SJ169, what size bag of chocolate chips, 12 ounces size? That sounds like a lot of chips but my chocoholic coworkers would love it!

Temptations Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:37am
post #12 of 12

Cupcakesnbuttercream, that makes sense, but I think the slices are spread out and then kind of sink into the chocolate. So maybe that prevents the cake from getting soggy. Good point though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%