Bella's B-Day Cake In" New Moon " "twilight&q

Decorating By Andy383240 Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 7:20pm by Jenthecakelady

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 23

Has anybody else seen the cake the Cullen's have at Bella's Birthday party? I wonder who designed it. I don't care for it myself, just not my taste. What do you think? icon_lol.gif

22 replies
Mom2LiamandQuinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2LiamandQuinn Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 23

Here's your answer: http://www.touchedbytwilight.net/?p=6085

I think it's pretty.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2LiamandQuinn

Here's your answer: http://www.touchedbytwilight.net/?p=6085

I think it's pretty.

I like it too! It is modern and looks expensive. Something the Cullens would have picked out after seeing their taste in the first movie!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 23

I think it's very neat. Could you imagine being the cake decorator who made that cake? How cool would that be?

Andy383240 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #5 of 23

Still not my cup of tea, but I see what you mean. The Cullens seem to like the modern clean lined style of things. Makes sense. I'm just too traditional!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 23

I love the cake, but I think I had either imagined or read something different. However, it says the cake was shades of pink in the book, "...a pink birthday cake, more roses, a stack of glass plates..."

Andy383240 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 23

Still not my cup of tea, but I see what you mean. The Cullens seem to like the modern clean lined style of things. Makes sense. I'm just too traditional! Thanks for the info on the designer. I'm going to Google and see what else I can find.

Misdawn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #8 of 23

I still think they could have kept it pink....LOL!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #9 of 23

Man that cake is very pretty. Lucky Caker who got to make this one!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:55am
post #10 of 23

Gah. I hate when they veer from the story. Alice planned the party and picked out the cake, so naturally she would choose a pink and girly cake.... like it says in the book! Duh.

cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:25pm
post #11 of 23

It's been a while since I read all the books, so I don't remember what color the orginal bday cake was. But I believe you when you say pink. Anyway, I hate it when moviemakers change things that are a FACT in the book. It drives me nuts! And I know that they have a ton to cut out cause the movie is only 1 1/2 hours or 2 hours...and the book is 500 pages. But come on! (I'm not just ranting about this movie...all the others too).

Misdawn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #12 of 23

See..that's my point too! With everything else they could have changed and edited, why change a detail as tiny as that? What was the point? Couldn't those stripes have been various shades of pink? What would that have hurt? It would have been truer to the story.

Then again, why get so worked up over such a small detail?! LOL!!! Oh well....maybe I should seek help...TAA....Twilight Addicts Anonymous.

cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:55pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

See..that's my point too! With everything else they could have changed and edited, why change a detail as tiny as that? What was the point? Couldn't those stripes have been various shades of pink? What would that have hurt? It would have been truer to the story.

Then again, why get so worked up over such a small detail?! LOL!!! Oh well....maybe I should seek help...TAA....Twilight Addicts Anonymous.

LOL! I get worked up over everything. It's apparently the way I like it!

icon_mad.gif Hehe. icon_cool.gif But seriously, you are right. Pink stripes would have looked great and would have been true to the storyline. I mean where was the author during this process?

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:40pm
post #14 of 23

where was the author when Breaking Dawn was written?

just kidding... hehe

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:51pm
post #15 of 23

Hi,
I met him(the cake designer)
in Calgary, he's very nice- and he was doing a chocolate demo...
he's very talented with chocolate as well.
too bad he didn't stick with the book though.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #16 of 23

It's definitely not what I expected. The cake is pretty, but not true to the story. Pink, pink, pink, I'm mean come on it's Alice we're talking about!

Andy383240 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #17 of 23

I'd like to see what the BIG Hitters on Food Network Challenge would do with the "Twilight" theme. I bet Duff would make an Edward sitting in the meadow loaded with luster dust sparkling away! icon_lol.gif

firelegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firelegs Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:40pm
post #18 of 23

Whoa - just googled this Thomas Haas guy - wedding cakes start at $9.95 a serving!

Sorry - a little off topic, but just had to share....

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #19 of 23

Hi,
I met him(the cake designer)
in Calgary, he's very nice- and he was doing a chocolate demo...
he's very talented with chocolate as well.
too bad he didn't stick with the book though.

cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #20 of 23

That's really cool that you met him Neely! I'm sure that the movie people told him what color to make it. I don't think it's the cake designers fault, by any means.

And really, it is what it is. I probably won't think about it again until I see the movie.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm
post #21 of 23

Yeah, pretty cool looking cake....but as another TAA, not at all like book described!

Misdawn....have to tell you, a good friend of mine took his daughter to NYC for a long holiday weekend and stayed at The London hotel....well, he calls me early in the morning and says "Listen to this....and holds his cell phone out".....it was the loudest roar of cries, shouting and camera clicking I've ever heard! Rob was staying at their hotel and left while my friend was in the lobby! Holy freak'n SH*T! The only thing my friend said was "he's definitely taller than I expected!" He also asked the concierge to be sure of who it was (as his daughter was still asleep in their room) and the concierge said "that vampire guy" he he! I'm so jealous! Thought you would appreciate that!

Misdawn Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:35pm
post #22 of 23

OMG! I am so jealous! I totally would have been a screaming little girl too! Hee Hee! I promise I truly am a grown woman (32 to be exact), but that doesn't mean I have to act like it, does it?

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 7:20pm
post #23 of 23

You girls are cracking me up!! (I wouldn't act my age either though!) Now that I've seen the cake though I might make a smaller pink version of this for my SIL's birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%