Left Over Sleeve Filling Ideas

Baking By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm by kay52178

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 3

I'm just a hobbiest, so I make cakes infrequently. The sleeve fillings are pretty big and I usually have a bunch left over after making a cake. If you have come up with some interesting ideas to use the leftovers, please post. Here's mine.

Simple Rugelach. Just take some crescent dough, roll it out fairly thin, cut into small triangles. Spread the filling on, roll up starting from the wide end. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle sanding sugar, bake at 375 deg. until quite brown. You could also top with ground almonds, or add to the filling.

If you don't want to use store-bought crescent dough, you can make your own rugelach dough. Here's a link to a recipe. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rugelach-2/Detail.aspx

My daughter had so much fun making these to bring to her dad at work last week. She had even more fun eating them!

2 replies
mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 3

I am new to cake decorating and just a hobbiest also. You can also use the sleeve filling for filling cupcakes.

kay52178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay52178 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 3

I recently had some lemon leftover and I froze it for a use later on! Not really creative but it would help you from having to keep buying it over and over and not being able to use it all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%