Cream Cheese Crumbcoat, Than Bc On Top???

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 12:24am by Rylan

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 6

I am still thinking how to solve this. I will bake RV 3 tier. And tried two crusting cream cheese icing recipes, but it is hard to work with cream cheese, as it does not crust as well as BC. So what if I put cream cheese as filling and crumb coat, and than froste with BC on top? Would those two different icing work well together? The cake will sit at room temperature for 4 hours, and I am worried that the BC might "slide". But maybe it would work.... I better check with you, more experienced bakers icon_smile.gif

5 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 6

Hi! I can't say I'm the most experienced here on CC but I learn sooooo much from this site. I needed a crusting cream cheese and read all the recipes and found tonedna's. It worked great. I don't have a pic of the cake posted here on CC but I can put one up if you'd like. And here is the addy for the recipe:

http://www.designmeacake.com/id25.html

hth icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 6

The recipe lynda-bob recommended is great to work with.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe out there are better recipes, than I used....I just don't have time for other practice cake, and for the real cake I don't want to use new icing recipe. My friend wants RV, and I told her, that Cream cheese is hard to work with, mostly, when I will do my first stacked 3 tier cake. So she agreed to use Cream cheese icing for filling, BUT I was thinking to do crumb coat with it as well to add more cream cheese texture, but over that crumb coat to do BC, as I know my BC recipe. Only I don't know if the combination would be OK, the cake will be sitting 4 hours, and I am worried that the BC might slide over the Cream cheese crusting icing. ???

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 6

I wouldn't do BC over CC, just sounds gross to me. Just fill with CC and cover with BC.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

I've used the recipe mentioned above twice without having problems. It crusts well and stays well. I let it crust in the fridge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%