Best Chocolate Boxed Cake Mix (Flavor)

Decorating By mistymamas Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm by txnonnie

mistymamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistymamas Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 10

There are so many different boxed chocolate boxed cake mixes, I dont know what to buy. I dont want to buy each one just to test it, as I need to start baking for a friends cake tomorrow!

What are your favorites? Just going from memory, I seen swiss, devils food, german, fudge...

I usually use German, but only because thats all ive tried!

9 replies
iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 10

I love duncan hines Dark Chocolate Fudge and Betty's Chocolate Fudge... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:30am
post #3 of 10

I personally like and so do others I have made cakes for.....Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge cake. There is a recipe on here with it tweaked. The recipe on here adds a box of Chocolate Fudge pudding and chocolate syrup mixed with milk.

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:46am
post #4 of 10

I actually had to stop a woman in the baking isle and ask what the difference between devils food and choc cake was!

I made a reese pb cake with devils food recently. Then the next week I made a cake with the choc. fudge.

I have to say that I thought the devils food was better, i used duncan hines, both dr. with pudding added. The devils food was richer, more choc. taste.

IMO icon_smile.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:58am
post #5 of 10

DH Triple Chocolate is GREAT and the only chocolate cake mix I'll use.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 10

DH dark chocolate fudge is my favorite.

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 10

I love the Pillsbury Dark Choc. Cake, I use that one the most, taste like a home made cake to me.

mistymamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistymamas Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 10

betty crocker, chocolate fudge makes an incredibly moist, chocolaty cake. I bake this most by far, but have recently been shying away from it since whenever i bake with it i get massive, deep cracks down the middle of the cake. THe last time i thinned the recipe using more water and it seemed to help a bit,but not completely. Been too afraid to bake it since.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebew10

I personally like and so do others I have made cakes for.....Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge cake. There is a recipe on here with it tweaked. The recipe on here adds a box of Chocolate Fudge pudding and chocolate syrup mixed with milk.

Do you know the name or submitter of the recipe? There are so many to go through.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%