Key Lime Filling That Doesn't Need To Be Kept Cold???

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm by JCE62108

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 4

I have only come across recipes for key lime filling that is curd...and needs to be in the fridge, it can sit out for a few hours, but I need something that would be okay for a day or two. I am making a wedding cake and they want key lime filling, it will be a fondant cake and my fridge is small, has anyone used a recipe that would be good for this?

Thanks so much,

Sarah

3 replies
VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 4

Sarah,

There is a Key Lime Cake w/ Key Lime Buttercream recipe on this site. It doesn't sound like it would need to be refrigerated, that is why I put it in my favorites. If you don't find it, let me know and I will try and send it to you.

Good luck,

Vicki

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much, I will search for it now.

Thanks again,
Sarah

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

I just made one that tastes great. It tastes like keylime cheesecake. I mixed cheesecake pudding into bettercream, then mixed in some LorAnn keylime flavoring. I think I may have put a little keylime juice in too. I plan on keeping this out for 24 hours. I was having the same issue with fillings. Im not sure about how the addition of juice is going to affect it. If you want to try this and are worried maybe just stick to the flavoring and no juice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%