Baking Two Cakes At Once?

Baking By missyd4e Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 8:22pm by Kitagrl

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 7

I hate waiting for each cake to bake. Does anyone, or all of you, bake both of your cakes (ex. 2 8" pans) at once? How do you adjust the time, temp.? Do they turn out as well or is it better to bake each one individually? I have a regular home oven. TIA.

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 7

I bake as many cakes as I can fit on the top rack. The temp and time don't change and the cakes will usually get done at the same time. I have noticed that different brands of pan take different amounts of time though...my 10" wilton pan takes a few minutes longer than my 10" magic line.

I will also bake different sizes at the same time if I need more than one size. Set the timer for the smaller one and then just set the timer for the rest of the time that the bigger one needs once the smaller one is done.

I have a regular home oven too, electric.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 7

I bake 2 at a time sometimes, just make sure that the pans don't touch and they will probably need to bake a little longer. I have even put 3 pans in at the same time without a problem

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 7

I bake up to three pans on one rack. I do not adjust the temp, but I watch the time more closely. I've loaded top and bottom racks with poor results, so i wouldn't suggest this. Nothing wrong with baking two 8" at the same time.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7

I bake up to 3 cakes at a time.
Like everyone else said- just don't get them touching.
icon_smile.gif Happy Baking!
Jodi

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 7

Do it all the time. Set your timer for the least amount of time they will take and then start watching... no biggie.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 7

I load up all three racks in my home oven. icon_biggrin.gif Everything just takes different times to cook, I set my timer for the lowest time and then just check them and take them out as they get done. I also usually try to switch the bottom ones up partway through cooking so the bottom doesn't get too dark.

Sure beats doing one thing at a time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%