I Wanted To Share A Positive Note...

Decorating By Dizzymaiden Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm by GayeG

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 3

I delivered a cake that ended up toppling over. The next day I handed the money and an apology back. I found the money on my desk along with this note:

The cake was great, it took you hours (plan, buy, bake etc......). Everybody (including many picky people) loved the cake.
Once I took the top off it was fine. We appreciate that you always try to make it perfect and the cakes are great, so you will
need to take the money.
Sue is very very very picky when it comes to food quality and she loves you cakes so by you making the cake with the light
cake, light cream and fruit, you take her worry of where to get a cake. I have driven to brookline for a cake before.

I can't express the emotion that took over. It was more than relief...just plain joy. It felt good to see in writing that they noticed the difference between my cake and a store bought (even if it did mess up).

I hope everyone who has bad cake wrecks can have at least one customer do this for you!

2 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 3

Very cool! Nice to hear a good one all along!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 3

Its ike getting a warm hug - just when ya need it! icon_smile.gif

Isnt it nice to feel validated! Makes us see that the cake "muggles" arent ALL bad!
Congrats to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%