Where Is Best And Cheapest Place To Buy Satin Ice Fondant?

Decorating By lovelytee Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 2:51am by Rylan

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone,

I know this has been asked more than a dozen times, but I need help finding the best place online to buy Satin Ice Fondant. I am making my sister's wedding cake in two weeks and I need fondant fast icon_redface.gif

TIA for all your help. My first wedding cake so I am really nervous. Not to mention that my Mom has been making cakes for over 25 years, so the pressure is on. She is going to examine my cakes with a microscope. If you have any tips for me I will be so thankful.

10 replies
jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 11

Have you ever tried making your own marshmallow fondant. It's fast, easy, cheap & works well. It is essentially a pound of marshmallows, 2lbs of icing sugar, 3tbsp of water. You melt the water & marshmallows for approx. 3 mins in microwave then add the icing sugar, knead till it's the right consistency. You should let it set overnight for best results. If you search on here you'll find the detailed recipe, some call for corn syrup....

I'm not sure where you live but I bought 'Virgin Ice' Fondant at bulk barn, 4lbs for 14.00. It was my first time buying fondant but I have 3 cakes due the day before I move so really was trying to save a step, and it tastes great.

Anyhow, HTH. Good Luck!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 11

You may want to move this post over to General topic area instead of Cake Disasters.

Also, GSA really does have the best prices from all the searches I have done.

Good Luck!

fairestoneofall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairestoneofall Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 11

Where are you? I buy mine from a cake store here in town. 14.99 for a large conatiner.....4 or 5 lbs, I can't remember.

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 11

fondant source.com has great prices, too.

lovelytee Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

You may want to move this post over to General topic area instead of Cake Disasters.

Good Luck!

Sorry Kimmers I didn't realize I posted it in Cake Disasters. This is what happens when one is sleep deprived. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

lovelytee Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

Good Luck!

Sorry Kimmers I didn't realize I posted it in Cake Disasters. This is what happens when one is sleep deprived. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 11

Global Sugar Art is cheaper when they have it on sale, but I have found that Into The Oven is lowest most times, 20lbs $46.89, 5lbs $14.89 for white, $17.89 for colors.

maren5783 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maren5783 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:36am
post #9 of 11

www.ccwsupply.com
great service and lots of products!

maren5783 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maren5783 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #10 of 11

www.ccwsupply.com
great service and lots of products!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #11 of 11

cooksdream . com has cheap shipping if you live by the west.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%