Help! Need Ideas On How To Decorate This Cake!

Decorating By chefdot Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm by chefdot

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:07am
post #1 of 9

For 40th bday for a huge Cardinals football fan! Wants it to incorporate over the hill theme in it so customer was thinking football graveyard???
Not sure how I can put that all together so it looks decent. Anyone have any ideas???

8 replies
krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:20am
post #2 of 9

maybe goal post head stones

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 9

maybe goal post head stones

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:16am
post #4 of 9

How good are you are forming people? icon_smile.gif

The players could be using walkers, one could have the football on the end of a cane trying to reach it over the goal line, a few could be sleeping on the field, one could be leaning against a goal post (almost falling over)...

For a graveyard.... hmmmm....??? maybe have a player tripping over a headstone on a football field that has RIP on it while going to "catch" the ball... the player jersey would be the birthday guy's name with the jersey #40... other headstones on the field could have "youth", "vitality"... words like that on them....

jimmi1376 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimmi1376 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:37am
post #5 of 9

You could have a player running the ball to the end zone, then make the end zone a grave yard. you could even make the 'dead zone' a little below the field so he would be falling into the grave yard. It would be a fun take on the 'over the hill' theme.

If you really wanna push the dead thing you could even make an open grave that he would fall into.

You could also make "death" sitting on the goal post with a '#1 fan' finger on and wearing the birthday boy's jersey.

This can be a really fun cake to do!

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:45am
post #6 of 9

or Father Time with the foam finger. Or with a beer and popcorn!!!!!!! (or a hotdog, or cotton candy...)

icon_smile.gif

chefdot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 9

OMG! You guys are awesome, I knew you would give me good ideas! My bf thought of the gravestones in the end zone instead of goal posts and I like that. I don't think I am good at all at making figures... plus I am doing this for a very discounted price! I will have to play with what you guys gave me and see if I can do it. It would be hilarious to make the grim reaper with a foam finger and a beer! LMAO!

chefdot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 9

OMG! You guys are awesome, I knew you would give me good ideas! My bf thought of the gravestones in the end zone instead of goal posts and I like that. I don't think I am good at all at making figures... plus I am doing this for a very discounted price! I will have to play with what you guys gave me and see if I can do it. It would be hilarious to make the grim reaper with a foam finger and a beer! LMAO!

chefdot Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 9

Well thanks guys for all your very awesome ideas, but I have now been informed she just wants a cake in the shape of the Cardinals head and it to feed 30 people, yea right! So we agreed on a half sheet with a cake in the shape of the Cardinal on top of that. Kind of relieved since I am not at all talented enough to pull off what ideas you guys gave! Totally wish I was cuz that we be the coolest cake EVER! icon_surprised.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%