Can Cakes Survive Underwater?

Decorating By cjsunshine Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31am by cjsunshine

cjsunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjsunshine Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:04am
post #1 of 4

OMG! I was finishing up the frosting on a half sheet graduation cake, when I tipped over the 2 qt. pitcher of water that I used to heat my spatula with, right on the entire cake!
Hmm....What to do? icon_cry.gificon_surprised.giftapedshut.gif !

Then,to make it worse,my son who lives in Phoenix called me!Timing could
not have been better (or worse), than that, my sisters-in-cake!

I immediately yelped, and asked him to call me back later, that I had just drenched the cake!

Well, working quickly, I grabbed three paper towels and laid them carefully over the top and pressed just slightly. When I lifted it, the water was gone. I was most fortunate that I had already placed trim at the base of the cake.

I simply took the paper towel and very,very carefully edges that I made points of, into the remaining water pools around the trim and the board.

It worked out well, but what a scare!
icon_eek.gif

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #2 of 4

Oh my =x

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #3 of 4

wow now ive heard it all!!!! oh my gosh sounds like you had quite a scare!!!! glad it worked out

cjsunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjsunshine Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #4 of 4

I have never,ever had that happen! I just had to think fast and I grabbed the paper towels. I was so glad that I hadn't put the decorations on it at that time. I would have ended up having to scrape off the entire top and start over!
I have watched so many cake programs and seen experts mess up, that it has sort taught me that normally there is a rescue possible if I keep my wits about me!

At the time, I could have sworn that my wits had left the house! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%