Ravoli Pasta Dough Recipe

Lounge By Elise87 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43am by playingwithsugar

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:50am
post #1 of 6

Hey! I'm was thinking a pasta dough recipe is always gonna be pretty much the same but for some reason the last time i made ravoli, the pasta i made tasted like nothing and bland. Is there some great ingredient that makes it have more taste or does anyone have a good recipe?

Thanks for any help icon_smile.gif

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 6

Here's the dough recipe I use (page down to find it). It's quick and easy. Don't forget, if you want to add flavor, you can always mince some fresh herbs and add it to the dough.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_21371_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 6

thanks for the recipe theresa, it does look similar to what i used before so maybe i was just being too picky cose most pasta usually isn't FULL of flavour without something else with it lol

I did find a recipe for ravoli pasta that has Semolina flour in it as well as all-purpose flour, does anyone know why they would use semolina flour?

playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 6

Here's the best explanation I can find -

http://www.answers.com/semolina

All I knew before I found this is that it's used to make pasta.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:41am
post #5 of 6

oh ok so it's just like other flours just not as fine, hadn't heard of it before so i thought maybe it was meant to give the pasta a better taste or something lol

Thanks for all the help theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43am
post #6 of 6

It does have a richer taste than regular flour, I'm not sure why. But it's why it's used when making many artisan white breads.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%